Saturday 21 March 2009

Angel of Chanterlands

'Angel of Chanterlands'
21cm x 30cm
Graphite Pencil on Paper

Not sure if this latest piece is finished or not, there could be some further tinkering to do when I've had a break from it. Overall I'm happy with it, which is nice because otherwise it would be close to seven hours wasted. Now I need to do something else, I've done two detailed pencil pieces recently (this and 'Grapes') which I've really enjoyed but it's time for something new now. I'm thinking something in coloured pencil, it's been a while since I've used them...

This was drawn from my own reference photo, taken in an old cemetery not far from where I live, very overgrown and Victorian, lots of weathered stones and gnarly trees. There may be more from there in the future. I do have a bit of a thing for those gnarly leafless trees.

I've noticed the scan is a bit off here too, there were a few marks on the glass and a stray cat hair has crept in there too... I could call this a work in progress I suppose :o)


3 comments:

Stephen Gardner said...

I'm really enjoying the way your work is going Andy, keep it up. you seem like you're getting a lot out of it. It's great to see.

Mary said...

Beautiful piece! I worked for years in pencil before I got deeply into oils. I think it was a wonderful prelude to paint.

Jack said...

That is really fabulous..How can u draw such a nice piece??give some tips plz..

--
Jack
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments