Tuesday 23 September 2008

Art Class - Week 3

I'm still feeling a little disappointed with this. I go along with plenty of enthusiasm then end up wondering what I'm doing there. This week I spent maybe 5 minutes with the tutor - that's out of 2 hours remember. OK last week was a bit better but this week I may as well have stayed at home, I don't feel that I learned anything at all, and it takes me nearly an hour and a half to get home after it. It looks like the other students are content enough with what they're getting, but I'm afraid I'm not. I'm probably going to see this through (there's another 7 weeks) because I'm not a quitter, and there's still an ever persistent optimist in me that thinks maybe something useful will come out of it...


On the other hand I've started this month's 'Virtual Sketch Date' - it's a beautiful reference photograph and is looking pretty popular, there's about 28 participants already...

2 comments:

Kari Gibson said...

How very disappointing for you and the other students. I hope you get the chance to give some feedback at the end of the course.

I agree, this month's VSD subject is lovely - I am having a great time taking part.

Andy said...

Hi Kari - the thing is the other students seem to be ok with the class. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Really looking forward to seeing everyones work for the VSD.