Saturday 6 September 2008

Summer Flower

Summer Flower
15cm x 10cm
Watercolour and Coloured Pencil on Paper

It's been raining almost non-stop for the past two days so it's given me a good opportunity to do some drawing, as I've really done very little this week. This was from a reference photograph I took in a friends garden earlier this Summer, on one of the few days we had some sunshine. I have no idea what the flower is by the way. First I made a watercolour underpainting then worked over it with coloured pencils, using a mixture of Derwent Coloursoft and Faber Castell Polychromos on Arches Aquarelle watercolour paper.


2 comments:

Grangry said...

Andy, it's a clematis. And in this picture, it really SINGS! Nice work.

Andy said...

Thanks Kay Susan, I knew someone would know what it was. Glad you like the picture too. Thanks :o)