Saturday 17 January 2009

Catch Up - Oils & Sketchbook




Oil on canvas
5" x 7"



Been having some fun with oil paints recently. Here are two small practice canvases. Clearly I'm no oil painter, so I've been experimenting since I don't really know what I'm doing but in the end I quite like these two pears. I hope to do more paintings in oil, it seems quite forgiving of mistakes, if you mess up you can just go over it later on. My only criticism is the drying time, which I expected, but it takes ages to dry... Which does give you time to do other things in between of course.



'Gargoyle Sketch'
Coloured Pencil in Moleskine Sketchbook

This little gragoyle geezer was a Christmas gift, I think he's great and enjoyed doing this sketch in my Moleskine. He may well crop up again, somewhere...