Sunday 17 August 2008

Jar on Blue


'Jar on Blue'
12cm x 19.5cm
Coloured Pencil on Paper
Real life has been getting in the way a bit this week so I've not done as much drawing as I'd wanted to. Having a day job is a pain in the rear but a necessary evil, it just means I don't always feel like drawing when I get home.
Anyway, managed to get this sort of done, I still don't know if my 'finished' is properly finished. Yes, I could fiddle around with this for a few more hours but I don't think it will really make any difference. I'm almost okay with this one, I still see parts I'm not happy with (the ellipse on the jar is screaming at me), but there are other parts I like, small details on the jar and bits of the shading of the blue cloth aren't bad. I think it's a micro step forward...
Also I tried some new pencils on this one, Derwent Coloursoft pencils. I think I'm going to like these. I've also purchased some Faber Castell Polychromos pencils which I've yet to try (thank god for credit cards!). This was done on Daler Rowney Heavy Weight paper 135lbs, very smooth surface. Might try a rougher surfaced paper next time. Obviously I'm still in a very experimental stage, I don't really know what works for me yet, but I kind of like that...

No comments: